May 27, 2022
Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation
We inform of the results of the grand finale of "SAMVEDAN 2021" held in India.
- Develop “SENSING” solution for Indian social issues using SPRESENSE™*
*Developed by Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation
Organizer / sponsor
- Organised by IITM Pravartak Technologies Foundation
- Joint organized by Sony India Software Centre
- Sponsored by Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation
- 2021 / Mar-Sep.
- 2021 / Oct - 2022 /Jan
- 2022 / Feb-Mar
Number of ideas
- Idea Entry 184 → Semi Final (PoC Dev) 75 → Winner７
Winners of SAMVEDAN 2021
|2nd||I'sys : vision for visionless|
|2nd||Early Detection of disease and Location of an Infected plant in the cotton field|
|3rd||Design and development of loT enabled platform for conducting laboratory experiments on electrical machines remotely|
|3rd||SPRESENSE Eye Towards SIDS|
|3rd||loT based online condition monitoring system for AC Coaches|
|3rd||Smart Elector Validation System Assisting the First polling Officer|
Activity in future
- 15 teams will continue to develop for another 1 year under IITM PRAVARTAK, when the result is good, there are opportunity to be incubated as a startup company under the IITM PTF Seed Support Scheme, there are possibility SPRESENSE will be used in India.
Masayuki Toriumi, Managing Director, Sony India Software Centre Pvt. Ltd said, “SISC is honored to be able to contribute to IITM PRAVATAK's Developing Sensing Solutions using SPRESENSE to solve social issues in India. We are grateful for this opportunity and hope to continue our collaborations for the future and contribute to Indian society.”
Guest of Grand ceremony
- Shri. Akhilesh Jha Chief Controller of Accounts, Ministry of Science and Technology, India
- Mr. Taga Masayuki Consulate General of Japan, Chennai
- Dr. V. Kamakoti Director, IITM
- Mr. Masayuki Toriumi Managing Director, Sony India Software Centre Pvt. Ltd.
* SPRESENSE and logo are trademarks of Sony Group Corporation.
More information is here.